When is the early application deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

besteyedee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know that the application opens 6/1 and my plan was to take the DATs May 29-31ish and then send in all my stuff on 6/1. BUT since I am working ALMOST full time at my current dental office I think I am going to have to postpone my date (don't want to be in a rush again and score average).

Question is, when would be the latest I can postpone to and be still considered the 1st wave or early? I just heard the faster you apply, the better so I'm getting pretty stressed about this...Thinking if I have to burn the bridge with my dental office and just quit cold turkey (we're understaffed). But that's almost not an option because my LOR is coming from that dentist

Members don't see this ad.

If everything is ready (other than your DAT), submit your application as soon as possible (June 1st!). The earlier you do this, the earlier ADEA can verify your transcripts. There are no consequences with submitting your application before taking the DAT. Holding off until you take your DAT will indirectly delay your application because it can take 2-4 weeks to verify your transcripts. Of course many schools won't review your application until everything is completed, so take the DAT at your earliest convenience (only) when you feel fully prepared.

As for the waves/batches, I believe the first batch is sent after the last Thursday or Friday of June. Every Thursday/Friday after that is another batch. Regardless, if you submit your application before the end of July you'll be considered as an early applicant for many schools.

Best of luck~

Reactions: 1 user