When is the first computerized Comlex being administered

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoodyHoo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it in October? I heard it's only 4 hours. This is much better than two freakin days. What's the dilly and will schools let you hold off the June exam for the October one.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard through some of the MS-3's that I am rotating with that there are a series of dates you can choose from to take the computerized COMLEX, it's not just twice a year like the old COMLEX. What those dates are, I don't know. :confused:

The NBOME's website may have some info: www.nbome.org

if you go to the nbome site they have a link that you can click on.i plan on taking step 2 in august and they have aug 22-26 from which yuo can choose from. now if they would only open up the application process so we can go ahead and apply....

My impression was that the first computerized COMLEX I will be in June 2005. For sure it will be on the computer by July. There will be multiple dates. I'm glad I'm taking in next year, after they've worked out the inevitable kinks from this year's administration.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course they get it on computer after we leave, Dr. Mom. Garbage I tell ya!!!! You know Dr. Mom, I have a quick question. How is your class (as people) overall? I only ask because OSU was my second choice for school. Decided last second to go somewhere else.............

Z

DRealDrZ said:
Of course they get it on computer after we leave, Dr. Mom. Garbage I tell ya!!!! You know Dr. Mom, I have a quick question. How is your class (as people) overall? I only ask because OSU was my second choice for school. Decided last second to go somewhere else.............

Z

We're a group of nice gunners ;)

so I checked out the website and the first comlex is admin on Sept. 20th. How long is the computerized comlex? Also, is it possible to defer writing the written comlex to write the computerized version?

Thanks

kumar28 said:
so I checked out the website and the first comlex is admin on Sept. 20th. How long is the computerized comlex? Also, is it possible to defer writing the written comlex to write the computerized version?

Thanks

The computerized is a 1 day test (approx 400 questions)

As to deferring it, you'll want to check with your school. You could be in a world of hurt if you wait & then don't pass it the first time through.

I know it is going to be offered several times a year and not just twice, but does anyone know what these dates will be?

I just got engaged, um, 36 1/2 hours ago ::glowing:: and we were thinking about getting married the summer between my second and 3rd year. I live in the northeast, so planning 2 years ahead isn't all that uncommon (and necessary for some locations) so I'm trying to figure out my life ahead of time.

I was thinking about the middle or end of June since the test has traditionally been in the beginning of June, but wanted to make sure it would still be offered around then.

First, congrats on getting engaged! :D

If you go to the NBOME website ( www.nbome.org ) and click on "schedules (computerized)" it will give you the dates for the computerized exam in 2005. Who knows if they will be similar when it is time for you to take it, but it will at least give you some idea of when the exam will be offered.

DOtobe said:
First, congrats on getting engaged! :D

If you go to the NBOME website ( www.nbome.org ) and click on "schedules (computerized)" it will give you the dates for the computerized exam in 2005. Who knows if they will be similar when it is time for you to take it, but it will at least give you some idea of when the exam will be offered.

Thanks! It says nothing about June on their site, but that's because the written test is still being given this June. but it seems like it is going to be offered at least once a month as soon as it begins being offered on the computer.

I think I'm just going to have to assume it will be given sometime in May, June, or July and as long as it isn't on the day of my wedding, I'll get there somehow.

Such fun, though! Starting med school AND wedding planning. I think the combination of the two will make the next two years FLY by!

The NBOME hasn't scheduled the dates for any exams in 2006 (or at least they haven't published them). When I had talked with them about how they were distributing the exam dates for each step, they said that they'd have a cluster of dates in june and oct (when they've traditionally been offered) and other dates spread out. I think you're safe in figuring on taking it in early june and having your wedding in late june. Of course, you could always call them & see if they can give you more info.