When is the righ time to take DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harrygt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost done with my application. I will most probably turn in my dental school application by the end of June, but I have not taken DAT yet. Is it ok to turn in the appliation before taking DAT? and when do you recommend me to take DAT? I know that applying early is an advantage, but does that mean you have to take DAT early too? or taking it in August will still give you the advantage of turning in the application early?
THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

I'm almost done with my application. I will most probably turn in my dental school application by the end of June, but I have not taken DAT yet. Is it ok to turn in the appliation before taking DAT? and when do you recommend me to take DAT? I know that applying early is an advantage, but does that mean you have to take DAT early too? or taking it in August will still give you the advantage of turning in the application early?
THANKS

the best time is when you are ready.:thumbup:

Get your app in. Take DAT by August. If you are an All-Star candidate (top school, great GPA, great extras), the DAT will be mostly confirmation for the dental schools. The important thing is to get the app in to them and do a reasonable job on the DAT.