kochun

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
It is already Mar 15, and I still haven't heard from Western regarding my interview date. Is it already too late? I wonder what went wrong; I have a 3.2 gpa, BS in pharmacological chem, 4 yrs of lab experience, 2yrs volunteering in ER, 5 months volunteering at a pharmacy, team captain of a b-ball team, and great rec letters from prof and supervisors that likes me. Maybe the admin dir is dwelling on my D's and C's... lets hope not. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

DScheveningen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2004
Status
kochun said:
It is already Mar 15, and I still haven't heard from Western regarding my interview date. Is it already too late? I wonder what went wrong; I have a 3.2 gpa, BS in pharmacological chem, 4 yrs of lab experience, 2yrs volunteering in ER, 5 months volunteering at a pharmacy, team captain of a b-ball team, and great rec letters from prof and supervisors that likes me. Maybe the admin dir is dwelling on my D's and C's... lets hope not. Anyone care to shed some light on this?
You should try calling the admissions office to see if your application has been processed and under review. My gpa is lower than yours, but I had my interview scheduled two weeks ago. You never know. Good luck!

PiecesOfFlair

15 pieces of goodness
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
Supposedly, they're supposed to conduct interviews until April due to the big pool of applicants this year. It doesn't hurt to email your admissions counselor regarding your status. Calling isn't the way to go, I kept getting transferred to the wrong people. Email your admissions counselor (you should have received something from this person after they received your supplemental application). If you don't know who yours is, pm me and I'll find the list. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Joyful~

10+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
They are starting to put people on the "hold" list. I got a letter from them saying that my application will be "on hold" until mid-april. I am guessing that they have already filled the class...... I don't know. But I turned in my application VERY late.
keeping my fingers crossed...
good luck!

OP
K

kochun

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Joyful~ said:
They are starting to put people on the "hold" list. I got a letter from them saying that my application will be "on hold" until mid-april. I am guessing that they have already filled the class...... I don't know. But I turned in my application VERY late.
keeping my fingers crossed...
good luck!

ilovepharmacy

ilovepharmacy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Status
Pharmacy Student
kochun said:

I just received a call from WesternU a few hours ago to interview with them even though I pulled my app in the beg. of the year! So, they're still giving out interviews - I suggest you try calling also.. BTW, I declined the interview so there is at least ONE interview spot open! Good lucks! :luck: ooh and happy st. pattys everyone!