When, oh when, is it over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiouslygeorge

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Michigan asked for my letters early on while I was to be considered for an interview. Nothing has changed since I was complete THREE MONTHS ago! Anyone else in this boat with me? Can I just assume it is over or are there people out there who got interviews to Mich. this late in the game?

Members don't see this ad.

curiouslygeorge said:
Michigan asked for my letters early on while I was to be considered for an interview. Nothing has changed since I was complete THREE MONTHS ago! Anyone else in this boat with me? Can I just assume it is over or are there people out there who got interviews to Mich. this late in the game?

Me too, only it has been 2 months......I assumed game over, but I'm a pessimist. Truthfully, there are a few people who posted, saying that they were on hold for a really long while, and got an interview out of the blue last year....so, there's hope.

Not until the admission officer sings! I have been complete at some school for as long as you and haven't heard one peep. At the same time I've received rejections, a pre-secondary hold, pre-interview holds and acceptances from schools that I was complete at around the same time. The medical school admission process and a long, nerve-racking journey that you just have to endure. But it is not over until you receive a rejection letter. And even if you receive one, there are other schools. Stay positive and try not to stress. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
asked for letters and pic months ago, but looked at their website and says i have had my initial review and will get back to me later...which basically means i'm on hold i suppose. Still hoping for an interview nevertheless...gotta wait and see!

I have been complete since 8/4 and haven't heard anything!

Yep, been complete here since mid-august, sent in LORs and everything. I'm still in limbo at UMich...

Add me to the "Michigan is ignoring me" list

Complete since 9/17/04 and I haven't heard a word either. Of course I didn't send them a current photo which they asked for in their email (then again on their secondary they say wait until interview to send pic). Considering some folks get interviews before their secondaries are in, this probably isn't the reason I haven't heard anything.

They're probably just pissed because they accepted me there for undergrad and I told them to shove it and went somewhere else :)

Besides, having grown up in Michigan (Not currently a resident) I don't have any desire to spend another winter there (Why did I interview at Mayo then? hmmm. Oh yeah, I'm applying to med school therefore I'm a masochist. Painful winters must somehow appeal to my desire to inflict pain upon myself)

Be patient, and show your interest. If that's one of your top choices, follow up with a letter and/or phone call.

Things will work out. they are down to the end of their interview dates, but people always cancel and/or change their minds!

bdt said:
Complete since 9/17/04 and I haven't heard a word either. Of course I didn't send them a current photo which they asked for in their email (then again on their secondary they say wait until interview to send pic). Considering some folks get interviews before their secondaries are in, this probably isn't the reason I haven't heard anything.

They're probably just pissed because they accepted me there for undergrad and I told them to shove it and went somewhere else :)

Besides, having grown up in Michigan (Not currently a resident) I don't have any desire to spend another winter there (Why did I interview at Mayo then? hmmm. Oh yeah, I'm applying to med school therefore I'm a masochist. Painful winters must somehow appeal to my desire to inflict pain upon myself)

I second creative writer.

Yup! I'm an undergrad here (4th year) and am holding my med school acceptance for next year. I'm super-happy to be coming back. Its a really great place.

I noticed your signature (congrats!!!). If there's anything you want to know, ask away. (assuming you're not from michigan already)

I dont guarentee I can answer but during undergrad I've bummed around the med school a lot: volunteered in the hospital, taken some courses on med campus, done a few years research there etc. If I dont know the answer, I can find someone who does.

Hope to see you at second look.

Cool! I am looking forward to Second Look Weekend. Are you still interviewing at other places? When did you interview, I wonder if we met?

I am from Chicago, IL....

ellia08 said:
Yup! I'm an undergrad here (4th year) and am holding my med school acceptance for next year. I'm super-happy to be coming back. Its a really great place.

I noticed your signature (congrats!!!). If there's anything you want to know, ask away. (assuming you're not from michigan already)

I dont guarentee I can answer but during undergrad I've bummed around the med school a lot: volunteered in the hospital, taken some courses on med campus, done a few years research there etc. If I dont know the answer, I can find someone who does.

Hope to see you at second look.

I withdrew from the all my scheduled interviews except one after being accepted. I interviewed at michigan on Oct 22.

I have brown curly hair, brown eyes, wore a gray interview suit and probably looked a little tired (it was right after exam week).

What about you? Are you still interviewing?

feel free to PM me