When on the Wards or Outpatient: Clinical Plans & Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Loves_Chai

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to come up with a list of plans/issues that with help me later during residency when I eventually have to take care of PMR patients.

What are the specific plans/ patient issues that need to be dealt with when you have to take care of the various patients on a PMR service? Lets start a list here. Thanks! Here is an example of what I'm looking for:

Neuro Trauma Plan
-----------------------
Neuro: Sacral Sensation? (Spinal Cord)
Immobilization: Weight Bearing Status?
Bladder:
Bowels: rectal exam (voluntary squeeze?; S5)
lungs: cough?
extremities: trauma/DVT status?
skin: ulcers (buttocks/calcaneous)

Additionally, What would be the issues and/or exams & tests that you need to be concerned. Also what would the same issues be for:

Ortho
SCI
Amputee

If you have any other common PMR specific diagnosises that I've forgotten about with plans list them here!