When schools want tax return

Started by oldtimer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oldtimer

Not a blind man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How soon after submitting the FAFSA do schools expect hardcopies of the tax returns? I plan to submit my FAFSA soon because I have enough income information, but I can't submit my taxes yet because I need a Schedule K-1 from a partnership I'm in and I usually don't get that until late March. The partnership will report a small loss in 2003 so that won't change my income. Can I submit my FAFSA now and give the school I'm going to a hard copy of my taxes around end of March or April? Thanks.
 
Don't ever give a hard copy of your tax papers to anyone who isn't going to hand it right back to you, unless the IRS wants it or something.

A copy is good for financial aid purposes.