1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

when should i apply

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mystical_doc, Apr 23, 2004.

1. mystical_doc

mystical_doc New Member

i just had my MCAT in april and i will be graduating in may 05, so plz tell me when should i start applying for schools and what the most inexpensive med schools in USA. the reason i am asking for a cheap school is that i am an international student.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    well that depends if you want to start right away...or give yourself a lag year to apply and not have anything to worry about while you are applying outside of work/research etc...

im an advocate of taking a year off at least so i would say submit your AMCAS application in June 2005 to get accepted for the fall of 2006.

as for cheapest schools...before you worry about that since most schools for you will be very expensive...i would worry about which schools are receptive to international students because there are a good number of schools that just dont even interview or accept international students/applications.

if you do a search on sdn about international students, i think you will be able to find some more information. someone who talks a bit about the process is the sdn member Calbee. Maybe he will read this and give you some more information than the limited knowledge i have to give you.