when should I apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mspickle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 26 and am hoping to go to medical school, but my ungrad grades are the best. I have a 3.43 overall / 3.04 science gpa (for what it is worth, I went to a top 20 school). I have not yet taken the mcat, but I am planning on taking it this May. I am taking an upper level science course right now at a local college (hopefully will get an A or A-), and will be taking another one this spring. With my grades as they are, should I even bother applying this summer for a Fall 2008 start? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming you completed all your pre-reqs?? If so YES. Take the MCAT in May and apply very early (I'm talking like the first day they start accepting) and roll the dice...the more schools you apply to the better...

depends on what you MCAT comes out to. You're not out of the woods, but if you want a really good shot at allopathic, you're gonna need a killer MCAT or some other demographic that makes you attractive. You definitely have a shot at osteopathic schools with a reasonable MCAT.

It's hard to say whether you're going to be a good candidate with just one small piece of information.

Good luck in your courses and ROCK the MCAT!!!! :)