when should I apply?

Started by mspickle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mspickle

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am 26 and am hoping to go to medical school, but my ungrad grades are the best. I have a 3.43 overall / 3.04 science gpa (for what it is worth, I went to a top 20 school). I have not yet taken the mcat, but I am planning on taking it this May. I am taking an upper level science course right now at a local college (hopefully will get an A or A-), and will be taking another one this spring. With my grades as they are, should I even bother applying this summer for a chance at a Fall 2008 start? 😕