When should i apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viper2ko

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior entering my final semester with a 2.92 gpa. Science is not good, around 2.6-2.7. I am taking the DAT's this winter. I know I need to work on my gpa to have any shot. So should I apply to a formal post-bacc program, if so any good ones for the dental track, or should I just take another year of classes at my current school.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW, I misread that post. I thought it was "where should I apply"? URM=under represented minority. When=June... It will be difficult w/ a 2.92, that's why I asked about URM.

I wouldn't say I'm an URM. I'm Asian. Like i said, I know I need another year of classes to help the GPA. But just need help deciding how to go about it.

Well being Asian is a plus. Some schools have lower GPA requirements for URM's like Howard and Meharry. Those schools aside, with that GPA you will most likely need a masters.

What exactly is a masters program? How long are they? Are they better than just taking regular courses. Also will a masters count towards my undergrad GPA to help bring it up?