When should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

addison1203

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should go ahead and send in my application now or if admissions won't even look at me until everything is in.

I won't be taking the DAT until Aug 17th (hopefully not mistake #1?) so should I wait until after then to turn in my application?

I would just go ahead and do it but I am taking a pretty easy biology class that should bump my sGPA from 3.399 to 3.43 and by mid-august my transcript should reflect the class.

Any suggestions? Am I screwing myself over by waiting to take the DAT (I'm sure there is a point where one day of waiting to turn in the app is worse for me than one more day of studying...)? I don't really know how important it is to get the application in "early." I'm applying to my state school and about 20 other OOS friendly schools.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and send in my application now or if admissions won't even look at me until everything is in.

I won't be taking the DAT until Aug 17th (hopefully not mistake #1?) so should I wait until after then to turn in my application?

I would just go ahead and do it but I am taking a pretty easy biology class that should bump my sGPA from 3.399 to 3.43 and by mid-august my transcript should reflect the class.

Any suggestions? Am I screwing myself over by waiting to take the DAT (I'm sure there is a point where one day of waiting to turn in the app is worse for me than one more day of studying...)? I don't really know how important it is to get the application in "early." I'm applying to my state school and about 20 other OOS friendly schools.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't wait. Submit your app now and indicate you're taking the DAT in August.