When should I do my rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lil_donut

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I''m thinking about going into Emergency Med and I was wondering when should I start doing it. I'm a 3rd year med student and a California native, but was forced to attend an out of state school( NYU). Now, I want to go back to California to do an EM Rotation at several programs in the L.A area. Here are my choices:
1. UCLA Olive View
2.UCLA Harbor Med Center
3. USC
4. Kaiser

I was wondering when should I apply, and once I get accepted, should I do several other rotations beside EM? I really want to go into EM.

Members don't see this ad.

I''m thinking about going into Emergency Med and I was wondering when should I start doing it. I'm a 3rd year med student and a California native, but was forced to attend an out of state school( NYU). Now, I want to go back to California to do an EM Rotation at several programs in the L.A area. Here are my choices:
1. UCLA Olive View
2.UCLA Harbor Med Center
3. USC
4. Kaiser

I was wondering when should I apply, and once I get accepted, should I do several other rotations beside EM? I really want to go into EM.

I can't quite gauge your exact situation, but if you think you're interested in a field then, yes, get as much experience as you can early in it. And in the event (because this happens often in medicine) that you get experience early and realize you're actually not as interested as you thought, you have more time to pivot elsewhere.