when should I hear back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

someguy313

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My materials on optomcas got verified in mid october, and I still haven't heard anything back from any schools yet. Is it supposed to take this long to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools did you apply to? I think it may depend on the volume they receive during the verification time. Mid-October is when schools have a higher than average application submission.

Personally, mine was verified in early October. I heard back from Pco/Salus about 5-7 days later and Neco 3.5 weeks later.

If you haven't heard back yet, I would suggest calling the schools that you have applied to verify that they can see your application and it's not a glitch on their end. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Nova, PCO, ICO, and SCO. Nova called me to tell me that my application was under review, and ICO emailed me telling me the same. However, I didn't hear anything from PCO or SCO. I guess I'll go ahead and call them to see what's up. Thanks for the help. If you get rejected by a school do they at least contact you to tell you that you didn't make the cut?

I applied to Nova, PCO, ICO, and SCO. Nova called me to tell me that my application was under review, and ICO emailed me telling me the same. However, I didn't hear anything from PCO or SCO. I guess I'll go ahead and call them to see what's up. Thanks for the help. If you get rejected by a school do they at least contact you to tell you that you didn't make the cut?

I believe they do. I know of people that have gotten emails saying that their application was reviewed and they were not a good fit from certain schools. I don't know if all schools let you know though. Good luck!!!