when should I hear back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

someguy313

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My materials on optomcas got verified in mid october, and I still haven't heard anything back from any schools yet. Is it supposed to take this long to hear back?
 
Which schools did you apply to? I think it may depend on the volume they receive during the verification time. Mid-October is when schools have a higher than average application submission.

Personally, mine was verified in early October. I heard back from Pco/Salus about 5-7 days later and Neco 3.5 weeks later.
 
If you haven't heard back yet, I would suggest calling the schools that you have applied to verify that they can see your application and it's not a glitch on their end. Hope that helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to Nova, PCO, ICO, and SCO. Nova called me to tell me that my application was under review, and ICO emailed me telling me the same. However, I didn't hear anything from PCO or SCO. I guess I'll go ahead and call them to see what's up. Thanks for the help. If you get rejected by a school do they at least contact you to tell you that you didn't make the cut?
 
I applied to Nova, PCO, ICO, and SCO. Nova called me to tell me that my application was under review, and ICO emailed me telling me the same. However, I didn't hear anything from PCO or SCO. I guess I'll go ahead and call them to see what's up. Thanks for the help. If you get rejected by a school do they at least contact you to tell you that you didn't make the cut?

I believe they do. I know of people that have gotten emails saying that their application was reviewed and they were not a good fit from certain schools. I don't know if all schools let you know though. Good luck!!!