When should I hear back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acesofseven

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my application was mailed out on 9/1 and I was wondering when should I expect schools to start contacting me back regarding interviews/rejections? As of now, less than half of the schools that I applied to have updated my application status as "Received/Under Review". The other half has not sent me or are waiting for me to turn in their supplemental application.

Also, does anybody know what batch I'm in? I feel pretty late having my things be sent out now when I see so many other people mention that they e-submitted in June-July.

Members don't see this ad.

It all depend what your stats are. If it excellent, you will hear back sooner. If it in the low 3, you probably wont hear back at all until rejection time.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's no formula for this. You may not get a single interview invite until November. On the other hand, you could get 3 or 4 in the first week of October.

Reactions: 2 users
If you applied to NYU maybe soon! They seemed to have offered a bunch of interviews to ppl with good DAT scores.

I think the only person who can really tell you are adcoms from that school hahaha.
For real, don't stress though! Give it time and focus on something other than the application. Really hard to do, but it will make the time pass that much quicker!

Reactions: 1 user
If you applied to NYU maybe soon! They seemed to have offered a bunch of interviews to ppl with good DAT scores.

NYU never sent me the student questionnaire. If anyone has it, I'd be glad to look at it so I can finish it and turn it immediately after they send it to me. I should prob ask them for it too since they asked me for it and it's definitely not in my spam folder.

It's only been 2 days though lol. I got their questionnaire after about 3 weeks after I e-submitted. I got the interview 1.5 weeks after my app is complete so wait a little and you should be golden :)

Reactions: 2 users
It's only been 2 days though lol. I got their questionnaire after about 3 weeks after I e-submitted. I got the interview 1.5 weeks after my app is complete so wait a little and you should be golden :)

But three weeks from now will almost be October. Is the questionnaire terrible long? Or is it short and simple? ;__;

But three weeks from now will almost be October. Is the questionnaire terrible long? Or is it short and simple? ;__;

The NYU questionnaire was 3 questions if I remember correctly. I forget the word/character count, but I ended up writing a good sized paragraph for each.