When should i retake? Pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdpcat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Either september or january what you guys think. I did not do so well on the pcat but i barely had studied should i wait until january to get orgo 1 under my belt. I also play soccer for my college and preseason starts in 1 weeks so i dont think i will have much time again for september but just wondering. I am going to purchase dr collins and hope it will help bring me up at least bring me up 20%. but will taking it in january still allow me to apply to pharmacy school for 2012 fall?

thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Either september or january what you guys think. I did not do so well on the pcat but i barely had studied should i wait until january to get orgo 1 under my belt. I also play soccer for my college and preseason starts in 1 weeks so i dont think i will have much time again for september but just wondering. I am going to purchase dr collins and hope it will help bring me up at least bring me up 20%. but will taking it in january still allow me to apply to pharmacy school for 2012 fall?

thanks guys

I also work as a pharm tech, so time is very limited so i guess i am answering my own question, so my question now is, is taking it in january to late to apply for fall 2012?

Taking the PCAT in Jan. 2012 may delay your application to Fall2013. Most pharmacy schools do NOT accept Jan. test for the Fall2012 application process because the official scores do not get sent to them (adcom/ school) on time. Since most deadlines for Reg. decision are before or around first week of Feb/ latest March. Might want to check with your intended school of choice.

Don't take the test in January if you want to apply for fall 2012. You're hurting your chances too much

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks guys

Get dr. Collins and study for it. You dont have to sit down for hours each day. With limited time, use it wisely. Maybe an hour or two consistently for a month would help alot ! :)

Get dr. Collins and study for it. You dont have to sit down for hours each day. With limited time, use it wisely. Maybe an hour or two consistently for a month would help alot ! :)

can u send me a link to dr collins thanks!!!