When should I schedule the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonwalk44

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started studying... will give myself around 70 days to study. What do you think?

And when should I schedule it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Would advise 6-8 weeks of full time studying. Would not recommend more than 9 weeks (if you're studying full time) You'll feel nervous about the test date coming up no matter what. Give your self time and plan early what your study schedule will be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would schedule it after studying for about a month so you know how comfortable you are with the material and have a rough idea of when you'll be ready to take the test. Your registration ticket gives you a 6 month window and you can always reschedule during that time (for a fee), so don't worry about it too much.

Reactions: 1 users
I would schedule it after studying for about a month so you know how comfortable you are with the material and have a rough idea of when you'll be ready to take the test. Your registration ticket gives you a 6 month window and you can always reschedule during that time (for a fee), so don't worry about it too much.
This is exactly what I am doing. After taking a practice test about a month into your studying, you can gauge your readiness. This will prevent paying the rescheduling fee since you haven't yet scheduled your exam.

I scheduled mine right as I started studying. I gave myself 8 weeks. Around week 6 I realized I wasn't going to be ready so I rescheduled to give myself an extra two weeks. It was only 14 days, but it made all the difference to me.

70 days should be plenty of time if you're focused