Quantcast

When should I sign up to take a future OAT?

Framecontrol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey hey hey.

I am in the 2nd semester of my junior year and will be completely my final (senior) year at SUNY Albany after this summer.

I assume I will take the OAT in this late summer. Probably August or September 2008.

My question is, when should I sign up, so that I can take the test at that time? Also where do I go to sign up?

I am going to do some internet research on it, but you guys have way better advice than any internet site....

Thanks everyone.

opt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.opted.org/info_oat.cfm

Register at least 30 days before, or else you may not get the exact day you want. You can change the days for $10 if you change your mind. I'd register in June/July. Take the test in August...believe me, you won't want to have to take it once classes start up again. Study hard over the summer for a month, then take it. I'd take it early August and just devote June/July to studying so August will be stress free! Good luck! :D

Framecontrol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.opted.org/info_oat.cfm

Register at least 30 days before, or else you may not get the exact day you want. You can change the days for $10 if you change your mind. I'd register in June/July. Take the test in August...believe me, you won't want to have to take it once classes start up again. Study hard over the summer for a month, then take it. I'd take it early August and just devote June/July to studying so August will be stress free! Good luck! :D

That is a good idea!!!!

I like to chill out, so having all of august to relax would be beautiful... The thing is, I am taking Physics 2 in July so I will be busy....

Thanks my man! Good words

ram16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At the web site posted by opt they recommend signing up 60 to 90 days ahead to ensure the place, time, etc.

opt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't worry TOO much about physics 2. The physics section on the test is mostly physics 1 motion problems...felt like about 60-70% of the section to me. The questions were really easy and straightforward. Just know magnets, electricity stuff, and gravitational stuff from physics 2. There might be a little more I'm forgetting.

Framecontrol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't worry TOO much about physics 2. The physics section on the test is mostly physics 1 motion problems...felt like about 60-70% of the section to me. The questions were really easy and straightforward. Just know magnets, electricity stuff, and gravitational stuff from physics 2. There might be a little more I'm forgetting.

do you think it is worth it to NOT take physics 2, and instead to learn the physics 2 material on my own??

The course is expensive and occupies lots of my summer time...

It would be a huge benefit not to it and instead learn the material on my own via text book or other program.

hmmm

opt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd take it... Most schools require that you have a year of physics anyway. If you mean taking it in the fall and just studying stuff over the summer, you may be able to do that. I especially think this is so if you have taken physics in high school. It's very similar to the college physics (non calculus of course).

Vibgyor786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think it is worth it to NOT take physics 2, and instead to learn the physics 2 material on my own??

The course is expensive and occupies lots of my summer time...

It would be a huge benefit not to it and instead learn the material on my own via text book or other program.

hmmm

I did the same thing when I wrote my OAT: Phys 2 in June (a bit different) and OAT in August,

Though I did excellent on the OAT, if I could do it again, I wouldn't have done Phys 2 and would've used that time to study for the OAT. There really wasn't much physics 2 stuff at all on there.

Andrea87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha i dunno about that 60-90 day thing... but I signed up 20 days in advance and it was fine. lol

jc812

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually registered more like 100 days in advance.. and STILL didn't get the day I wanted =(