When should I sign up to take a future OAT?

Framecontrol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey hey hey.

I am in the 2nd semester of my junior year and will be completely my final (senior) year at SUNY Albany after this summer.

I assume I will take the OAT in this late summer. Probably August or September 2008.

My question is, when should I sign up, so that I can take the test at that time? Also where do I go to sign up?

I am going to do some internet research on it, but you guys have way better advice than any internet site....

Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.opted.org/info_oat.cfm

Register at least 30 days before, or else you may not get the exact day you want. You can change the days for $10 if you change your mind. I'd register in June/July. Take the test in August...believe me, you won't want to have to take it once classes start up again. Study hard over the summer for a month, then take it. I'd take it early August and just devote June/July to studying so August will be stress free! Good luck! :D

http://www.opted.org/info_oat.cfm

Register at least 30 days before, or else you may not get the exact day you want. You can change the days for $10 if you change your mind. I'd register in June/July. Take the test in August...believe me, you won't want to have to take it once classes start up again. Study hard over the summer for a month, then take it. I'd take it early August and just devote June/July to studying so August will be stress free! Good luck! :D

That is a good idea!!!!

I like to chill out, so having all of august to relax would be beautiful... The thing is, I am taking Physics 2 in July so I will be busy....

Thanks my man! Good words

Members don't see this ad :)
At the web site posted by opt they recommend signing up 60 to 90 days ahead to ensure the place, time, etc.

Don't worry TOO much about physics 2. The physics section on the test is mostly physics 1 motion problems...felt like about 60-70% of the section to me. The questions were really easy and straightforward. Just know magnets, electricity stuff, and gravitational stuff from physics 2. There might be a little more I'm forgetting.

Don't worry TOO much about physics 2. The physics section on the test is mostly physics 1 motion problems...felt like about 60-70% of the section to me. The questions were really easy and straightforward. Just know magnets, electricity stuff, and gravitational stuff from physics 2. There might be a little more I'm forgetting.

do you think it is worth it to NOT take physics 2, and instead to learn the physics 2 material on my own??

The course is expensive and occupies lots of my summer time...

It would be a huge benefit not to it and instead learn the material on my own via text book or other program.

hmmm

I'd take it... Most schools require that you have a year of physics anyway. If you mean taking it in the fall and just studying stuff over the summer, you may be able to do that. I especially think this is so if you have taken physics in high school. It's very similar to the college physics (non calculus of course).

do you think it is worth it to NOT take physics 2, and instead to learn the physics 2 material on my own??

The course is expensive and occupies lots of my summer time...

It would be a huge benefit not to it and instead learn the material on my own via text book or other program.

hmmm

I did the same thing when I wrote my OAT: Phys 2 in June (a bit different) and OAT in August,

Though I did excellent on the OAT, if I could do it again, I wouldn't have done Phys 2 and would've used that time to study for the OAT. There really wasn't much physics 2 stuff at all on there.

haha i dunno about that 60-90 day thing... but I signed up 20 days in advance and it was fine. lol

I actually registered more like 100 days in advance.. and STILL didn't get the day I wanted =(