When should I start applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paul2752

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering to apply for five or six DO schools. The problem is that I started my undergraduate on Spring 2015, and plan to graduate on Fall 2018. It's a little confusing if I have to start writing essays and applying now.

Also, I have been studying MCAT. Should I take the test before the end of this year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am strongly considering to apply for five or six DO schools for the year 2019. The problem is that I started my undergraduate on Spring 2015, and graduate on Fall 2018. I am starting 6th semster this fall. It's a little confusing if I have to start writing essays and applying now.

Thanks!
If you are finishing up your degree in the Fall of 2018, then you will want to apply to the 2019 cycle. So you would do your essays and applications starting in June of this upcoming year.

I am strongly considering to apply for five or six DO schools. The problem is that I started my undergraduate on Spring 2015, and plan to graduate on Fall 2018. It's a little confusing if I have to start writing essays and applying now.

Also, I have been studying MCAT. Should I take the test before the end of this year?

Thanks!

Yep, shoot for an MCAT sometime this spring, then apply late next spring/next summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! So , I am not late yet, right?

Thank you! So , I am not late yet, right?

Wait wait wait, you wanted to apply this cycle, as in the 2017-2018 cycle? You wouldn't be "late" for DO if you applied in the next month or two, but you should be aware that the last MCAT of the year 2017 is in less than a month. Is this the one you're planning to take?

If you take it you sept 9 you still could apply DO this cycle.

No, not for this cycle. I am talking about admission for Fall 2019, not 2018. I can't even go there even if I am accepted because I won't have finished my bachelor.

No, not for this cycle. I am talking about admission for Fall 2019, not 2018. I can't even go there even if I am accepted because I won't have finished my bachelor.

Study for the MCAT and take it sometime Spring 2018. Apply starting in June 2018 for matriculation in Fall 2019. You're not late.

Then you're more than fine!