When should I start hearing back from schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Springs01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or start worrying that I'll never hear back from them??

I submitted my application in early June, but my letters of recommendation were sent by the end of August. So my application wasn't complete until the end of august!

I heard back from 1 school and they told me I was placed under "continued review" status? Does this mean they reviewed my application and didn't want to interview me but also not reject me entirely either?

Why do i feel this is going to be a very depressing year...

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools I applied to said the review process can take up to 6-8 weeks from your completion date. I would use this time frame as a baseline. Since you were complete at the end of August I'd give it a few more weeks before I got too stressed.

Yes, according to previous posts that is what being placed under "continued review" means.

Stay positive, a lot can happen in the time we have left in this cycle. Good Luck!

It's really hard to say when. I applied to 5 schools, and heard back at the 2 day, 2 week, and 1 month marks from three of them, and nothing from the other two. Who really knows? Just be patient. We applied around the same time, but probably to very different schools. No one can say when you'll hear for sure besides the adcoms.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your app was completed at the end of August, there are a ton of batches of people that will probably be reviewed before your app. You can't expect to receive an interview invite so soon.

I applied first batch in June, but my letters were sent in at the end of August as well, so my app was complete 8/27.
I'm under review for most of the schools, and I have 2 interviews so far.
But just be patient, it really depends on the schools you applied to I think.