when should I start hyperventilating about msucom?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

YoungFaithful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Honestly, start worrying in June. I am positive that they use most people off of the alternate list, but not until May.

This is what I've gathered. I'm in the same boat as you, but I will plan on going to KCOM until I here from MSU.

MSU told me I'm garanteed a spot next year if I don't get in this year...I WANT IN THIS YEAR!!

Good luck and do something to get your mind off of it,

YF

Soleil9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I called the Admissions office after I found out I too was on the alternate list. Here's what I gathered:

The alternate lists generally don't really start moving until June, when folks start making up their minds, and deciding where they are going to go.

And, no, we can't update our files. They said the commitee won't look at our files anymore this year...

But call the office, they are really nice, and who knows? Maybe they'll have some new information!

*Soleil*

futuredo32

15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2003
Michigan
Status
Attending Physician
I was in your situation last year as were others. (Currently an MSUCOM student). I think the waitlist really only begins to move mid May when some or all allopathic schools do not allow students to hold spots at more than one school.
And never give up hope, one of the students in our class got off the waitlist the second or third day of orientation.
Good luck

About the Ads