1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

when should I start hyperventilating about msucom?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by uL007, Mar 16, 2004.

1. uL007

uL007 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

i can't sleep! i'm on the alternate list!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. YoungFaithful

YoungFaithful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Honestly, start worrying in June. I am positive that they use most people off of the alternate list, but not until May.

This is what I've gathered. I'm in the same boat as you, but I will plan on going to KCOM until I here from MSU.

MSU told me I'm garanteed a spot next year if I don't get in this year...I WANT IN THIS YEAR!!

Good luck and do something to get your mind off of it,

YF

4. Soleil9

Soleil9 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I called the Admissions office after I found out I too was on the alternate list. Here's what I gathered:

The alternate lists generally don't really start moving until June, when folks start making up their minds, and deciding where they are going to go.

And, no, we can't update our files. They said the commitee won't look at our files anymore this year...

But call the office, they are really nice, and who knows? Maybe they'll have some new information!

*Soleil*

5. futuredo32

futuredo32 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was in your situation last year as were others. (Currently an MSUCOM student). I think the waitlist really only begins to move mid May when some or all allopathic schools do not allow students to hold spots at more than one school.
    And never give up hope, one of the students in our class got off the waitlist the second or third day of orientation.
    Good luck