when should I start hyperventilating about msucom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uL007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i can't sleep! i'm on the alternate list!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, start worrying in June. I am positive that they use most people off of the alternate list, but not until May.

This is what I've gathered. I'm in the same boat as you, but I will plan on going to KCOM until I here from MSU.

MSU told me I'm garanteed a spot next year if I don't get in this year...I WANT IN THIS YEAR!!

Good luck and do something to get your mind off of it,

YF

I called the Admissions office after I found out I too was on the alternate list. Here's what I gathered:

The alternate lists generally don't really start moving until June, when folks start making up their minds, and deciding where they are going to go.

And, no, we can't update our files. They said the commitee won't look at our files anymore this year...

But call the office, they are really nice, and who knows? Maybe they'll have some new information!

*Soleil*

I was in your situation last year as were others. (Currently an MSUCOM student). I think the waitlist really only begins to move mid May when some or all allopathic schools do not allow students to hold spots at more than one school.
And never give up hope, one of the students in our class got off the waitlist the second or third day of orientation.
Good luck