When should I start my pre-dental post-bac?

Started by gooftroop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gooftroop

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which session [fall/summer?etc.] is most favorable to begin a post-bac program for dental schools? DAT prep, from what I have heard, is time consuming and am wondering if a 1/1.5/2 year program would be advisable. Another factor to consider is also the lag-year and if there is a way around it. I live in southern California and am considering attending SMC or USC post-bac and continuing on to UCLA, USC, or UOP.

The deadlines to apply for USC post-bac programs isn?t on the website, I figure I?ll give them a call soon. I hope it?s not too late to apply beginning summer ?04. It would also be great to get an idea from SMC/USC pre-dental [post-bac] experiences.