When should I start worrying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flin5845

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I sent in all my application in the first batch. The only thing I was missing was my DAT score. I took the DAT July 28. When should I start becoming concerned about my scores being transmitted. I am hopingBy this Thursday they will be submitted, which will be 2 weeks from my testing date. Here are my stats

AA-20 TS-20 PAT-19
SGPA- 3.86
OGPA- 3.72
BCP GPA- 3.91

I am a Texas resident so Texas schools are my first choice.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't have to worry a thing. Stats are stellar. You're in good shape. Relax and start saving for the interviews. Best of luck!

-Kitty

start now oh god sweet mother of mercyLAIHYFsdlasdkfahsdfa

Members don't see this ad :)
start now oh god sweet mother of mercyLAIHYFsdlasdkfahsdfa

You dont have to be scarastic. I'm not asking chances, but when I should be concern about not having my DAT posted. Some say the better your stats are that it's ok to have a later application eventhough it's not preferred. Thats why I provided my stats because I think I'm getting in the game late and just wanted to get others opinion.

You dont have to be scarastic. I'm not asking chances, but when I should be concern about not having my DAT posted. Some say the better your stats are that it's ok to have a later application eventhough it's not preferred. Thats why I provided my stats because I think I'm getting in the game late and just wanted to get others opinion.

Everyone I know who took the DAT recently had their scores posted within 2 or around 2 weeks. One has 2 interviews already and he only took it 16 days ago.

You don't have to worry a thing. Stats are stellar. You're in good shape. Relax and start saving for the interviews. Best of luck!

-Kitty

Stellar stats, I like the way those two words sound together :D:D

Thanks guys for the information.

Here is another question.

Since my application was sent in the first batch does that mean I have an upper hand on all the applications that have been submitted in the meantime? Or does an incomplete app get tossed to the bottom of the pile until completed, the just gets reviewed after all the other apps?

I think majority of the schools will want to wait until the DAT score. In all honesty, SDN makes you feel like you're always late. It's just the atmosphere here. Your DAT scores will be in around probably Aug 14th which still leaves adcom plenty of time to review your entire app. You should be hearing back early Sept probably for interviews around Oct, Nov or something along those lines.

There are pleeeennnnty of people who haven't even taken their DATs yet and won't be til end of Aug. You're still pretty ahead of the game compared to a lot of people. Your grades are GOOD. A lotta people will be applying at a much later date with a much lower GPA. Seriously just chillax.

I don't expect to have my entire app done by late Aug/early Sept since I only e-submitted on the 4th.

Chill! People are gonna be applying until early next year.