When should I submit AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nychica27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the MCATS on July 30th and the score will not be released until September 1st, however can I still start the application process? My personal statement and transcripts are ready to go so would it be fine to submit everything now and wait for the score later?

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take the MCATS on July 30th and the score will not be released until September 1st, however can I still start the application process? My personal statement and transcripts are ready to go so would it be fine to submit everything now and wait for the score later?

Yes, definitely get it submitted now!! It takes them FOREVER and a day to get it verified. Mine took 3+ weeks and I submitted the second day it was available.

Is it at all possible to make revisions to the app once you submit? I'm guessing not.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah submit by the end of June, so that you're verified by the time your scores come out at the end of August

submit the AACOMAS as soon as you can. The schools will not look at your application until you get the new MCAT score released but this takes a lot less time than the time it takes to get verified.

Is it at all possible to make revisions to the app once you submit? I'm guessing not.

You can, by messaging AACOMAS and requesting to make a change. However, this will delay the verification process for your application.