When should I submit my DO secondary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123joe123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I ask this question because my advisor told me to not put in my ACCOMAS application until the latest time possible (by which time you will have heard from the allopathic schools.) because DO school they won't give very log time for the people to consider if take the offer or not and they require a non-refundable deposit.

What do you guys think????

My Stats: 505 MCAT:( 4.0 GPA, plenty volunteering and numerous research experiences

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't rush to the point that your secondary application wouldn't be at its best, but I do think you should submit it as soon as possible and when you are ready. Your stats are competitive enough that you can have a week or two to refine your secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
I would start them soon. For most DO schools, it took longer to receive the secondary application and be marked complete than MD schools. Plus after receiving an interview, you'll likely be scheduling for a month out. Have you had your primary application verified? I would definitely do that if you haven't.

My primary application is still in the verification process.

Members don't see this ad :)
But I'm afraid that I may get the offer from DO school way before I get any interview from MD school. In that situation, I will have to choose either give up the DO offer to wait for MD school's new or I have t0 take the DO offer and pay for the non-refundable deposit ($$$$$$).

Apply last minute and you'll have no interviews at all from DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user