When should i take the Pcat?

Started by Pharm439
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm439

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! so I am planning out my schedule and I wanted to know when the best time to take the PCAT is. I will be a college sophomore in Fall 2016. I know the test dates for the PCAT are around June-January. So would it be best to start taking the PCAT Fall 2017 (my junior year)? Because that following year in Fall 2018 I plan on putting in my application for pharmacy school,
Let me know your thoughts!
 
Writing in late July could work as long as you have your materials/content covered! Make sure to nail your classes but if you notice that there are any big content deficits then I would weigh out the option of writing a little bit later.
 
I would say as long as you've got up to calc 1 and organic 1/2 done, then you should be prepared to take the PCAT. Take it as soon as you can after finishing those classes, if possible. If not, then after finishing those classes take a bit to brush up on your general sciences and then take it in the summer.

The earlier you take it the earlier you can apply and be accepted. I took mine for the first time in November and January, so I missed the deadline for many schools.