When should we be concerned about not getting secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocSherman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

As the application cycle chugs on, we applicants have been getting secondaries here and there. While some are given freely, others have to be screened.

I was complete in late May and I haven't received some secondaries from institutions - those that screen prior to handing them off. Am I effectively a soft R at these institutions at this point since we're already in July or should I just be patient because we're still relatively early (of a sort) in the cycle?

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Apologies if I didn't understand the explanation, but what did you mean by this?

Thank you so much for stopping by though. I always appreciate your advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apologies if I didn't understand the explanation, but what did you mean by this?

Thank you so much for stopping by though. I always appreciate your advice.
Well, despite the fact that secondaries are often a tax on the ever-hopeful, you're rejected until you get that accept emain in your Inbox, and so you should always be working on Plan B and improving your app.

As to the timing of your app, secondaries are not always sent out in chronological order of receipt.

In addition, it's summer. Admissions folks like going on vacation.

T-giving is the time to really worry.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, despite the fact that secondaries are often a tax on the ever-hopeful, you're rejected until you get that accept emain in your Inbox, and so you should always be working on Plan B and improving your app.

As to the timing of your app, secondaries are not always sent out in chronological order of receipt.

In addition, it's summer. Admissions folks like going on vacation.

T-giving is the time to really worry.

Understood! Thank you very much.

Reactions: 1 user