When should we get worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rushpike19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should we get worried by if we haven't heard back from schools, I applied to 12 only have 2 interviews so far (nova and Uconn)

Members don't see this ad.

around now.

dude u only need one acceptance. are you expecting to get an interview at all 12 or something? Just worry about the 2 you got and kill it at the interview.

You have two interviews already, and it seems like a lot of schools are taking more time than usual this year. I wouldn't worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have two interviews already, and it seems like a lot of schools are taking more time than usual this year. I wouldn't worry.
I sent out my Application on 7-28 and supplementals on 8-2 and still haven't heard anything back. Is that normal?

I sent out my Application on 7-28 and supplementals on 8-2 and still haven't heard anything back. Is that normal?

Didn't you already make your own thread on this? Be patient!

Depends on where you applied, but for example LLU just started sending out invites today. Tufts just a few days ago. Schools like USC (and I think NYU) still have not. Keep your eyes on the big interview/acceptance thread.

We're not even in October so I think it's early yet.

You have interviews at 2 great schools! Nothing to be worried about. Just prepare to knock out those 2 interviews and others which u may get later on.

-Fyz

I think most schools send out invites past January as well, and I've seen people get accepted from interviews late as that. So no need to worry right now. If you don't hear back by January I would say start looking into plan B for your gap year. But so far you got 2 interviews, which is pretty good, and its still early in the cycle, as some schools begin sending out invites sometime in September. There is no need to worry. The worst case scenario is that you have 2 interviews. Some applicants would love to have your worry. And even if the absolute worst happens, that just means you start dental school 1 year after.

Reactions: 1 users