When should you join a club in College?

Started by Solomon
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Solomon

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was recently looking through my College lists clubs. (mainly out of sheer boredom at school :laugh:) I found many interesting ones that pertain to pretty much all my interests.

Out of curiosity, when do people normally join clubs in College?
 
The sooner the better.

Very true. However, be careful about putting too much of yourself into too many clubs. Freshman year I joined every biology/dental/health/medicine club on campus, and it was overwhelming.

I would join all that you can, but pick a couple to focus your time and effort on so you can eventually be elected to a leadership position.

More clubs = more networking, more friends, more fun. Good luck 👍
 
I didn't join any my first year because college can be more difficult than you think it'll be. It's nice to just get in the groove of things before jumping into everything. But definitely join a few clubs at some point, just don't get in over your head with 7 clubs like I did 😉