1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

When the school did not get your transcripts in time

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by winddolphin, Dec 11, 2008.

1. winddolphin

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Of course, I mailed out all my materials in time. I have two transcripts, one from my primary university another from a JC. All vet schools that I applied to got my transcripts and other materials, but not UPenn. When I called in the middle of Oct asking if they had the transcripts and such, they were still missing the transcript from my primary school (mailed on 9/23). But the guy whom I talked to said they probably just havent sorted it yet. He said I could request another copy to be sent, but he didn't think it was necessary.
    So I just waited, and toward the end of Nov, UPenn notified me that the transcript is still missing and I should send it in ASAP. I requested another copy to be send (extra fees....); this time UPenn got in on 12/3.

Sorry my story's kind of long! Here's my question: will this be counted against me? Afterall, they did not receive my transcript before the deadline. Heck, from their record they won't know I did mail the transcript in Sept.
    I know I am probably not the only one facing this situation, but I am still a bit worried.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. robeezy08

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Same situation w/ me only with UPEI AND WSU, twice I resent those transcripts only to be lost...in limbo somewhere. mucho dinero for express delivery to Canada!... But back to your question, I think the only negative is a delay in application review. Good Luck!

4. Skillet9886

Skillet9886 UFCVM c/o 2013!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I would be really surprised if this counted against you. I had to send transcripts from three different schools (I dual enrolled a bunch in high school), and one of the colleges took FOREVER mailing out my transcripts even though I ordered them early. From what I've gathered, a lot of people have problems with getting their transcripts on time, and vet schools understand this. They're looking for the most qualified applicants, and I don't think that having a transcript arrive late detracts from that at all. As long as it gets there in a timely enough manner to evaluate your application, I'd say you're totally fine.

5. EqSci

5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I think if it was going to count against you, they would have just thrown out the application because it was incomplete. Since they gave you time to get it in you should be perfectly fine!

6. catlover

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I wouldn't worry about it. Heck, Wisconsin lost my transcript themselves - they had recorded that they received it, but then couldn't find it when it was time to review it. So, everyone can make mistakes.

7. twelvetigers

twelvetigers stabby cat
    Veterinarian 10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Yeah, it's not YOUR fault that it was lost. There's no reason that they would punish you for that.