when to apply? and where to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alikarimi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
i was logging onto my aacomas account and it was weird it let me view my status and all i was wondering when does applications start? like when can u send them?
also which are the tougher schools and which should i chose as a my safety net schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the word choice of "safety net" schools is kind of derogatory, IMO. Although it is noted that certain schools have a lower standard for admittance, I would not consider them safety net schools. I made that mistake when applying to LECOM-B. I considered it a safety net, but I realized that I truly loved the school. I would apply broadly and do a lot of research into which schools will be good for you to be the best student you can be. Medical school isn't something you want to take too lightly.

Schools that have higher standards of acceptance would probably be PCOM, TCOM, OSUCOM, and MSUCOM, just to name a few. Good luck.

depends on the schools. There are many factors that go in to it. Some schools are out of state friendly, some schools are not. usually your state school school is "easier to get into". I would get the US News Premium edition, it gives you average mcat, ave gpa, acceptance rate, after interviews acceptance rate for is, oos. I am not sure if they still give you that much info, but they did last year.