• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

When to apply for away rotations

RadOncRudy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was wondering if those of you who have just gone through this could comment on when you submit applictions for away rotations. I was looking at UWisc and UMich for aways and both have visiting student applications as being submitted in May. Is this pretty typical of most away rotations? Anything you can do before then (besides having the application ready)?

Good luck to all of you who just submitted your rank lists!

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
SF Bay Area
  1. Attending Physician
Apply as early as you possibly can. As you stated, many programs make you wait until their rising MS-IV's choose their senior electives before they give you a shot. Be persistent, some big programs (MSKCC in particular) fill up very quickly.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.