When to apply for best chances at schools, especially OSU??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osugirl2021

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am really hoping to get into ohio state optometry this cycle. By what date should I have my primary application submitted for the best possible shot of getting in? In other words, what is the latest I should apply before waiting for the next cycle?
Here are my stats:

Major: Biology/pre-health specialization
Minor: History of Art

GPA: ~3.75
sGPA: ~3.6
AA: 350
TS: 360

-pre-optometry club/4yrs
-lead student researcher in optometric lab/2yrs
-microbiology tutor (volunteer)/18 hrs
-goodwill volunteer/44 hrs
-~40 hrs shadowing at 2 optometric practices

I know my GPA and OAT are on par with what OSU accepts, but I feel some of my extracurriculars may be lacking. Due to covid-19, my shadowing experience has been hindered as well as volunteer hours. I also do not have any official leadership roles. But I have worked my way up in the lab I work in the majority of the week, and now I train and mentor new student researchers as well as taking on more responsibility for projects.

Thanks for the help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am really hoping to get into ohio state optometry this cycle. By what date should I have my primary application submitted for the best possible shot of getting in? In other words, what is the latest I should apply before waiting for the next cycle?
Here are my stats:

Major: Biology/pre-health specialization
Minor: History of Art

GPA: ~3.75
sGPA: ~3.6
AA: 350
TS: 360

-pre-optometry club/4yrs
-lead student researcher in optometric lab/2yrs
-microbiology tutor (volunteer)/18 hrs
-goodwill volunteer/44 hrs
-~40 hrs shadowing at 2 optometric practices

I know my GPA and OAT are on par with what OSU accepts, but I feel some of my extracurriculars may be lacking. Due to covid-19, my shadowing experience has been hindered as well as volunteer hours. I also do not have any official leadership roles. But I have worked my way up in the lab I work in the majority of the week, and now I train and mentor new student researchers as well as taking on more responsibility for projects.

Thanks for the help!!

I can’t speak on behalf of Ohio State personally, but your scores, research, and leadership skills make you a very strong applicant. Have you tried calling their admissions department to see what else the school is looking for?

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user