Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm currently a Junior, but I will be graduating Fall 2011.
My current GPA isn't so hot.
I skipped majors like 5 times, had to work a lot, and throughout I kept up with volunteering at a clinic because I felt like I had to have something that will make my resume look somewhat strong.
My current GPA is 3.2
My science grades after orgo, are pretty depressing.
I dropped biochem, retook it and got a C-
I dropped genetics, retook it and got a C+
Right now I'm enrolled in physics I and I'll be taking physics II in the summer.
I know I can't get in with this right now, so I really want to do post-bacc/masters programs.
If I don't want any lag years after I graduate December 2011, and go straight into a post-bacc program or masters program in Fall 2012, I should apply for those programs probably this summer right?
Also, my parents don't exactly understand the position I stand at right now, and want me to apply to dental schools.....
I don't mind harshness, is there any way I can get in anywhere with my current GPA, assuming that it will be boosted after the next couple~few semesters?
So I guess my main question is,
When should I apply for post-bacc / masters programs if I want to start Fall 2012.
and
Is it even worth my time to apply to some dental schools? Or would it be a waste of money + time?
Just for a better idea for the experts, my current stats
GPA 3.2
Major: Religion
Work Experience: LOTS... private tutoring, private flute lessons, various restaurant serving, bartending, hosting...
Volunteer Experiences: local clinic as volunteer dental assistant for a couple years now, sunday school teacher, youth group counselor
DAT: haven't taken yet
No research background (it's really not my thing. I've worked as a lab aid as a high schooler, the whole scene was just urgh for me)
Right now, for post bacc I'm looking at Barry's just because it's close to home. (I live in Florida; obviously.)
Where else would you recommend that's not too far from here? I'm not knowledgeable in this area. I have no friends or older people that went through this that I can comfortably talk to....
I would really appreciate all your help!
Thanks guys!
I'm currently a Junior, but I will be graduating Fall 2011.
My current GPA isn't so hot.
I skipped majors like 5 times, had to work a lot, and throughout I kept up with volunteering at a clinic because I felt like I had to have something that will make my resume look somewhat strong.
My current GPA is 3.2
My science grades after orgo, are pretty depressing.
I dropped biochem, retook it and got a C-
I dropped genetics, retook it and got a C+
Right now I'm enrolled in physics I and I'll be taking physics II in the summer.
I know I can't get in with this right now, so I really want to do post-bacc/masters programs.
If I don't want any lag years after I graduate December 2011, and go straight into a post-bacc program or masters program in Fall 2012, I should apply for those programs probably this summer right?
Also, my parents don't exactly understand the position I stand at right now, and want me to apply to dental schools.....
I don't mind harshness, is there any way I can get in anywhere with my current GPA, assuming that it will be boosted after the next couple~few semesters?
So I guess my main question is,
When should I apply for post-bacc / masters programs if I want to start Fall 2012.
and
Is it even worth my time to apply to some dental schools? Or would it be a waste of money + time?
Just for a better idea for the experts, my current stats
GPA 3.2
Major: Religion
Work Experience: LOTS... private tutoring, private flute lessons, various restaurant serving, bartending, hosting...
Volunteer Experiences: local clinic as volunteer dental assistant for a couple years now, sunday school teacher, youth group counselor
DAT: haven't taken yet
No research background (it's really not my thing. I've worked as a lab aid as a high schooler, the whole scene was just urgh for me)
Right now, for post bacc I'm looking at Barry's just because it's close to home. (I live in Florida; obviously.)
Where else would you recommend that's not too far from here? I'm not knowledgeable in this area. I have no friends or older people that went through this that I can comfortably talk to....
I would really appreciate all your help!
Thanks guys!