• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

When to apply for gap year job (on waitlists)

Kenken514

2+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I am on three waitlist and am trying to stay optimistic, but I need to be realistic at this point too. Should I start applying for jobs for a gap year on the chance I won’t get in anywhere for the fall? How do I tell possible employers I am still on waitlists/is it ethical to not tell them? Also do I tell them I am applying to medical school for fall 2021? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted889094

You should apply now. By the time you are offered a job you may know your answer.

I don't think it is unethical to not mention it. Most places will start you on a probation period where they can drop you for little reason. They are prepared to find a replacement. And it's completely reasonable to work a job and determine it's not a good fit and put in your notice. It's none of their business why you quit if you give them ample notice. Not the 100% most considerate thing, but not wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.