When to apply...Help me..!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jooyeon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 3.72 overall GPA and 3.75 science GPA.
And I haven't taken the DAT yet, I am taking it on June 23rd.

So...should I apply around when I am done with DAT or as soon as the cycle opens? I heard dental schools do not process your application until all requirements are completed. Other applicants said to do it asap, so I am really worried.

Oh, how do I upload LORs? One of professors that I asked told me that if I give the e-mail address and the professor's name, then addsas will contact the professors directly so that they can upload the letters. Is that right?

Thanks~~^^

Members don't see this ad.

if i were you i would just get everything over with and apply as soon as possible because somethings take forever to reach addsas (transcripts, letters, etc). then take you dat and submit it in asap and then just wait. You will still receive secondaries even though your application is not complete, so i suggest submitting early

For the letters, your professor is correct. just type the email address on ur app and the teacher will receive info on how to submit the letter. you can also ask them to submit the letter through mail, but i suggest electronically since i feel its easier for professors. Good luck buddy

Then is it too late to apply early July?

Good luck to you, too ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Mase (that's what Brian called you during your interview at Temple, right? haha)... It takes AADSAS 4-6 weeks to process your application before they send it to schools. That means if you send your app June 24th, the schools won't even see it until August at best... and that doesn't even include the time it takes for you to send in transcripts and what not. On the other hand... if you submit your app May 15, the schools will receive it by the end of June, which is around when they'll get your DAT scores. That way they can start considering you a week or two after your DAT, rather than waiting 4-6 weeks or more...

In short: Submit your app as early as possible and just send your DAT scores once you get them...

Oh....This is my first try, so I am so overwhelmed by these things.

Thanks a lot, it is really helpful^^

Apply and submit as soon as possible. DAT is handled by a different company so it will take care of itself once you take it in June.

I will apply asap!!

Thanks a lot^^