When to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faye74

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice about dates and I would appreciate some help :idea:

I'm graduating undergrad in Spring 2014 so I will be applying to an SMP that same semester. Now I know most applications open up in January, when is a good date to apply?

I will also be taking the MCAT in the Spring. When do you think I should take it? Would April be too late? Is an earlier date better?

I will be applying to medical schools that summer.

Thank you all! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice about dates and I would appreciate some help :idea:

I'm graduating undergrad in Spring 2014 so I will be applying to an SMP that same semester. Now I know most applications open up in January, when is a good date to apply?

I will also be taking the MCAT in the Spring. When do you think I should take it? Would April be too late? Is an earlier date better?

I will be applying to medical schools that summer.

Thank you all! :thumbup:

It's sort of like applying to medical school, but more forgiving. You'll generally have better chances with a weaker application if you apply earlier.

That said, there are quite a good number of people currently in the Cincinnati MS program that applied in May.

It's sort of like applying to medical school, but more forgiving.
and the time line is completely diff... but yes, other than that it is exactly the same..... oh and the whole having to have an MCAT thing.... then there is the GPA thing.... but yes, identical.

OP - apply as early as you can but most will hold review until your MCAT is in.