When to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nightwalk8r

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm pretty new to this pharmacy thing. Did a lot of research on it before deciding to major in pharmacy. Anyways, i'm just wondering when is the best time to apply to pharmacy schools? I'm finishing up my first year of pre-regs right now. Do i have to wait uptil i'm done to apply or can i apply now?

Members don't see this ad.

You pretty much apply the summer/fall one year prior to when you are seeking entry to pharmacy school. But each school has its own deadline. Much can be found about this in the FAQ at the top of the forum.

Good luck in your endeavors.

cool, thank's for the info. time to read all of the FAQ =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
Nightwalk8r,

I am a Pre-Pharm, too. This year the PharmCAS applications period started on June 15, 2004. So, if you're applying to pharmacy schools who are participating in PharmCAS, then apply as soon as PharmCAS apps. period starts. For those schools who are not participating in PharmCAS, they have their own application period date. Apply as soon as applications available. It is always good to apply early because there are lot of applicants. Check with the schools you're applying to for their applications period.

I hope this helps!

Thanks. oh yeah, I have to wait until i take the PCAT to apply right??

Nightwalk8r said:
Thanks. oh yeah, I have to wait until i take the PCAT to apply right??

no

oh awesome!! =)
Time to apply i guess =D

Nightwalk8r said:
oh awesome!! =)
Time to apply i guess =D

The thing with applying is that you should apply for fall 2005 entrance ONLY IF you will be able to complete all of your prereqs prior to then. You mentioned that you are finishing your first year of prereqs. Will you be finished with those in time to enter pharmacy school in Aug/Sept? If not, then you should apply next June-ish when PharmCAS opens for the 2006 cycle.