Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

When to apply?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by kodyfied, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kodyfied

10+ Year Member

Hi,

I know that everyone says apply as early as possible. I am taking 2 summer courses this summer in order to boost my gpa. I really want those grades to count when I apply, because I think it'll give me a better chance to getting interviews. So what should I do? Should I apply ASAP when the AACOMAS application system is open in June and send in my summer grades later separately to the schools? Or should I wait until I get my summer grades to apply to AACOMAS? I'm guessing this will be sometime in August. Please let me know what you all think. Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rpinnell

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    apply in june. The benefit of getting two 4.0 grades is not going to outweigh getting your application in early. You can always have your transcripts sent to the school once your grades are in from summer.

4. DoctorMom78

DoctorMom78 Sky Glory
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Taking or retaking? If they are new classes you are taking just to raise your GPA, then definitely apply in June. Two As will not make that much of a difference in your GPA. Retakes of pre-reqs would be more important, but you should still probably apply in June. It takes about six weeks for AACOMAS to process your application. That would make your application complete and being mailed out to the schools by the end of September. I don't think that the two classes justify that much of a delay. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!:luck: :luck: