When to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMiracle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I graduated from a prestigious university in the states with a 2.5 (Humanities Major)...do you think i even have a shot at getting into any of the top 4 caribbean schools? Also, I'd like to ask that since my scores are rediculously low, would it be better if i applied early (June) or wait a bit to apply say like in July? Is there even a difference? I appreciate all your replies!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I graduated from a prestigious university in the states with a 2.5 (Humanities Major)...do you think i even have a shot at getting into any of the top 4 caribbean schools? Also, I'd like to ask that since my scores are rediculously low, would it be better if i applied early (June) or wait a bit to apply say like in July? Is there even a difference? I appreciate all your replies!

what was your science gpa? if your overall gpa is 2.5 in a humanities major it sounds like your science gpa is around a 2.0 or even lower. What's your MCAT score? out of the top4 3 of them require an mcat score. Lastly before asking this question did you even look at the schools websites to see what the average gpa's and mcat scores were of those schools?

Just like applying early to US schools gives you an advantage so does applying early to carib schools. but applying early is probably not enough in your situation. Do you have any extracurriculars? how many hours of volunteer time do you have? did you do any research ? publish or co-author any papers?

I am pretty sure your gpa is way too low... if you were serious about going to med school you should have studied more. But if you can pay your way through med school then there are plenty of other carib schools that will take you simply because they are hurting for business and want your money, more so than the top4.

MACT score?