When to Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GT Dental

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone (this is my first post)!

I am planning on applying to D-School next summer to start in the fall of '10. When should I start applying for the HPSP/ other military scholarships and contact a recruiting office.

I know that it is important to apply early so I want to be on the ball. And sorry if this could have easily been found using Search, I just want some current info on what to do and when to do it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone (this is my first post)!

I am planning on applying to D-School next summer to start in the fall of '10. When should I start applying for the HPSP/ other military scholarships and contact a recruiting office.

I know that it is important to apply early so I want to be on the ball. And sorry if this could have easily been found using Search, I just want some current info on what to do and when to do it.

Thanks!

step 1: call a recruiter and ask him when you can start the application
step 2: start it, you don't have to be accepted to get the scholarship. Say you apply this year and get the scholarship, and don't get into D school, then next year you get into D school. You still have a spot on the scholarship (at least that is how it is for the Navy)

thanks for your help! I will call a recruiter then