When to apply?

Started by StePharmD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StePharmD

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I was wondering how early I should apply to pharmacy schools if i am doing the 3 year pre-requisite track... during the Spring of second year, Summer between second and third year, or during the Fall of third year?

Also, a current pharmacy student told me that it is best to apply during the summer when most schools beginning to accept applications (since most schools go by rolling admissions/interview invitation), rather than waiting until late Fall/Winter, which is closer to the end (and open seats will have a higher chance of already being filled). Is this true?
 
Hey, I was wondering how early I should apply to pharmacy schools if i am doing the 3 year pre-requisite track... during the Spring of second year, Summer between second and third year, or during the Fall of third year?

Also, a current pharmacy student told me that it is best to apply during the summer when most schools beginning to accept applications (since most schools go by rolling admissions/interview invitation), rather than waiting until late Fall/Winter, which is closer to the end (and open seats will have a higher chance of already being filled). Is this true?

Definitely apply early. If your application is done by then, then there would be less competition if you apply earlier. The majority of schools are rolling admissions. If you apply to PharmCAS schools, then the application becomes available in July I think.