when to complete financial aid information (Fafsa etc)?

Started by cqs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cqs

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I have been accepted to a few schools for Fall 2022 but have not made a decision yet. When do I need to fill out the FAFSA/ any other financial aid forms? I luckily did not need to do this for undergrad so I am unfamiliar with the process. Thank you!
 
Hi guys! I have been accepted to a few schools for Fall 2022 but have not made a decision yet. When do I need to fill out the FAFSA/ any other financial aid forms? I luckily did not need to do this for undergrad so I am unfamiliar with the process. Thank you!
You can fill out the FAFSA at any time, and you can list each of the schools you were accepted to in the application. I am not sure if filling it out sooner increases your chances of receiving any financial aid, but I would still recommend doing it sooner rather than later if you can. I would check with each individual school to see when their priority deadline is. I filled mine out about a month ago and received an email from my school a few weeks later that it was received and I will hear back about any financial aid in March.