When to contact admissions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virajpatel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I plan to apply next year and was wondering what would be a good time to contact admissions and discuss my application with them? Also, what is the best way to approach this matter so that they remember me when looking over my application? I would really like to know what some of you have done in the past and what has worked well. I want to use my year efficiently and not procrastinate until the last minute.

Thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I want to use my year efficiently and procrastinate until the last minute.

I was under the impression that the only time they look at your application is during the application cycle. I would think that you can email the schools like, "Hi, I am applying next cycle and was wondering if I could get your opinion on this?"

Edit: I just read your last sentence... What? lol

Reactions: 1 user
@karanja What kind of dialog kept you engaged for a few months? Usually, I have noticed the conversation not lasting longer than 15-20 minutes with admissions office representatives.

Call them up now and schedule a visit, this is an important step. It lets you meet the adcoms and it shows them that you are serious about coming to the school. Just make sure you do it before your application cycle starts otherwise they won't be allowed to talk to you.

Reactions: 1 user