When to e-submit PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am taking Chemistry 2 and Anatomy and Physiology 2 this summer. The classes end on August 14th and I am certain that they will help my GPA. I have been told to submit my PTCAS as soon as possible, but if I get A's in these classes I think I should just wait. Should I just e-submit my application now, and wait for the academic update to update my classes? Or would it be smarter to just wait for the A's and just submit it mid-August. The only thing I'm worried about it that it takes PTCAS 4-5 weeks to calculate the GPAs so I might not actually be able to apply till September which is late right? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I am taking Chemistry 2 and Anatomy and Physiology 2 this summer. The classes end on August 14th and I am certain that they will help my GPA. I have been told to submit my PTCAS as soon as possible, but if I get A's in these classes I think I should just wait. Should I just e-submit my application now, and wait for the academic update to update my classes? Or would it be smarter to just wait for the A's and just submit it mid-August. The only thing I'm worried about it that it takes PTCAS 4-5 weeks to calculate the GPAs so I might not actually be able to apply till September which is late right? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!
From what I understand, there is an option to enter in courses that you are currently taking and plan on finishing within the application period as "in-progress". PTCAS will let you update the courses and your final grades for them after you have e-submitted. I would choose this option personally and submit as soon as possible considering the advantage you get from applying early to a lot of programs.

From what I understand, there is an option to enter in courses that you are currently taking and plan on finishing within the application period as "in-progress". PTCAS will let you update the courses and your final grades for them after you have e-submitted. I would choose this option personally and submit as soon as possible considering the advantage you get from applying early to a lot of programs.

Right, but the Academic Update doesn't happen until December.

OP, I think it depends on what your GPA is at now and how much it will improve. What's your overall/pre-req GPA right now, and what will they be when summer classes are done?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I am confused about to,
I also have outstanding classes, as well as the GRE and I still need some inpatient hours.
If the academic update isn't until december, I don't see how submitting early will benefit, because wont the schools already see our stats?

Right, but the Academic Update doesn't happen until December.

OP, I think it depends on what your GPA is at now and how much it will improve. What's your overall/pre-req GPA right now, and what will they be when summer classes are done?
My overall GPA is ~3.3 and my prereq GPA is ~3.2 but with these A's it can go up to around a 3.4, I think it might be smarter just to apply a bit later and increase my GPA

Yeah, if your pre-req can go from a 3.2 to 3.4 I'd probably wait until summer grades are in too. Mid-August isn't that late to affect your chances I don't think.