When to e-submit PTCAS

Started by emDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

emDPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am taking Chemistry 2 and Anatomy and Physiology 2 this summer. The classes end on August 14th and I am certain that they will help my GPA. I have been told to submit my PTCAS as soon as possible, but if I get A's in these classes I think I should just wait. Should I just e-submit my application now, and wait for the academic update to update my classes? Or would it be smarter to just wait for the A's and just submit it mid-August. The only thing I'm worried about it that it takes PTCAS 4-5 weeks to calculate the GPAs so I might not actually be able to apply till September which is late right? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!
 
So I am taking Chemistry 2 and Anatomy and Physiology 2 this summer. The classes end on August 14th and I am certain that they will help my GPA. I have been told to submit my PTCAS as soon as possible, but if I get A's in these classes I think I should just wait. Should I just e-submit my application now, and wait for the academic update to update my classes? Or would it be smarter to just wait for the A's and just submit it mid-August. The only thing I'm worried about it that it takes PTCAS 4-5 weeks to calculate the GPAs so I might not actually be able to apply till September which is late right? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!
From what I understand, there is an option to enter in courses that you are currently taking and plan on finishing within the application period as "in-progress". PTCAS will let you update the courses and your final grades for them after you have e-submitted. I would choose this option personally and submit as soon as possible considering the advantage you get from applying early to a lot of programs.
 
From what I understand, there is an option to enter in courses that you are currently taking and plan on finishing within the application period as "in-progress". PTCAS will let you update the courses and your final grades for them after you have e-submitted. I would choose this option personally and submit as soon as possible considering the advantage you get from applying early to a lot of programs.



Right, but the Academic Update doesn't happen until December.


OP, I think it depends on what your GPA is at now and how much it will improve. What's your overall/pre-req GPA right now, and what will they be when summer classes are done?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I am confused about to,
I also have outstanding classes, as well as the GRE and I still need some inpatient hours.
If the academic update isn't until december, I don't see how submitting early will benefit, because wont the schools already see our stats?
 
Right, but the Academic Update doesn't happen until December.


OP, I think it depends on what your GPA is at now and how much it will improve. What's your overall/pre-req GPA right now, and what will they be when summer classes are done?
My overall GPA is ~3.3 and my prereq GPA is ~3.2 but with these A's it can go up to around a 3.4, I think it might be smarter just to apply a bit later and increase my GPA
 
Yeah, if your pre-req can go from a 3.2 to 3.4 I'd probably wait until summer grades are in too. Mid-August isn't that late to affect your chances I don't think.