When to get "verified"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arybyinski

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 6 classes away from satisfying the prerequisites and will wrap them up within the next year. I obviously have plenty of time before I officially apply to med school but when should I begin sending transcripts to the AACOMAS and AMCAS?
I will have 3 sets of transcripts, 2 of the colleges I am completely finished with. I wasnt sure if I could fill out the applications and send transcripts from previous colleges to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am 6 classes away from satisfying the prerequisites and will wrap them up within the next year. I obviously have plenty of time before I officially apply to med school but when should I begin sending transcripts to the AACOMAS and AMCAS?
I will have 3 sets of transcripts, 2 of the colleges I am completely finished with. I wasnt sure if I could fill out the applications and send transcripts from previous colleges to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

As far as I know you cannot submit transcipts until the application is open for the particular year that you apply....usually in June if I remember correctly.

You can't send them in (at least for AMCAS) until that year's application opens, which is usually the first week of May. You can't submit till June, but you can start working on your app and getting transcripts sent in starting at the beginning of May. Like a one-month work period. So just be ready to start your app when it opens, and then you enter in the schools you've attended and it gives you these forms to print out and send in with your transcripts. Then they have a month to get there before you can submit your application anyway.

Good luck :)