when to have DAT scores sent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the dentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just tried searching this but it wont help me.

For those you have taken the DAT already and are applying-----WHEN are you requesting your scores to be sent?

1. NOW
2. Wait until application opens
3. When application is submitted
4. Or..

help.. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm curious about this as well, anyone have any insight??

Members don't see this ad :)
I too have taken the dat...reapplying i think.

But, don't know when to send them either. I think you could send them whenever, and if schools get the scores before your application, they will hold them?

Don't know if you should wait or what though, im with you.

Can anyone correct me?

There have been a couple of threads on this recently. The general consensus is to just send them now. Schools will know what to do with them.
You should always check to make sure that your schools have received all materials and are not missing anything after they have received your AADSAS application.

i just tried searching this but it wont help me.

For those you have taken the DAT already and are applying-----WHEN are you requesting your scores to be sent?

1. NOW
2. Wait until application opens
3. When application is submitted
4. Or..

help.. Thanks.

I would create your application online, then send your scores.

I am going to retake DAT in few months. How do we send the previous ones? Do we request to ADA? Does it cost any more money?? Thanks!

yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

send them in ASAP, it's not like the schools chuck them. They will get them to the right file. Also CALL them and make sure they did.

I would create your application online, then send your scores.

I thought the same thing too but it doesn't matter because when sending score requests they don't have down anywhere to put your AADSAS ID. They use your SSN to match the score with your app. so no need to wait until you get an AADSAS ID. Just send now or up to a couple weeks before submitting your AADSAS ap.

I took my dat in mid april last year, and my scores arrived at the schools BEFORE AADSAS even opened. I had no problems whatsoever; the schools make a file for you as soon as they receive part of your application.

So to echo everyone else- yes, send them now.