When to Interview???

Started by hviz
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hviz

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading through this forum and it seems like everyone is all done with their interviews. I only turned my applications in 3 weeks ago and have gotten two interviews: IU and PCO. I scheduled my PCO interview for March 17 because i'd have to fly there and i wanted the quarter to end first to prepare. But I'm afraid it'll hurt my chances of getting in because the spots will all be taken by then. Should i interview earlier?
 
march is pretty late in terms of interviewing. due to the rolling admissions policy, it is always an advantage to interview earlier than later. who knows, maybe 95% of the class will be full by march, and you have to compete for the last 5%. whereas if you interview sooner, perhaps less of the entering class has been filled. good luck anyway! 🙂

hviz said:
I was reading through this forum and it seems like everyone is all done with their interviews. I only turned my applications in 3 weeks ago and have gotten two interviews: IU and PCO. I scheduled my PCO interview for March 17 because i'd have to fly there and i wanted the quarter to end first to prepare. But I'm afraid it'll hurt my chances of getting in because the spots will all be taken by then. Should i interview earlier?
 
I totally agree with Ariel. You should definitely move your interview date earlier so you have a better chance to get in.