When to register for DAT ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yzf600

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long in advance do i need to register for the DAT if i want to take it in mid-January sometime ?

i know that its available to take almost any day of the year, but i'm confused as to when i should i should register for it.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yzf600 said:
How long in advance do i need to register for the DAT if i want to take it in mid-January sometime ?

i know that its available to take almost any day of the year, but i'm confused as to when i should i should register for it.

thanks

Register when you are ready. It really is as simple as that. It is best to plan on taking it only once and doing well. It looks best if you do well on your first try. If you are going to be applying for '07, just make sure you don't schedule the test later than the end of july/early august.

I can't remeber exactly, but I think you have a year to take the test.
So go ahead an pay/register, then you can decide to take the test whenever you are good and ready. If you decide, however, to cancel make sure you do it before 72hrs of the exam.

-C

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to take in mid Jan, you should pay and schedule it now. Where I live, all the test dates are full throughout Dec. and into mid Jan. already. It takes a few days to get the info after you pay, and you can always reschedule yuor date if you are not ready.

lindandy said:
If you want to take in mid Jan, you should pay and schedule it now. Where I live, all the test dates are full throughout Dec. and into mid Jan. already. It takes a few days to get the info after you pay, and you can always reschedule yuor date if you are not ready.

and when you do cancel..do you have to pay a fee???
how much is the test by the way?.....i always thought you needed to register a month before in order to get your final information. am i wrong?

Hi guys. I am applying for '07. I am going to be finishing up Orgo II in the spring. My plan was to study for 3 months and take it at the end of august to mid september. What do you guys think? I will be taking Kaplan in the summer as well.

Hi guys. I am applying for '07. I am going to be finishing up Orgo II in the spring. My plan was to study for 3 months and take it at the end of august to mid september. What do you guys think? I will be taking Kaplan in the summer as well.

Also I plan to send out my apps to AASDAS at the end of May as soon as I recieve my grade in the class and then just have the schools wait for my DAT score. What does everyone think?

JohnDoeDDS said:

Also I plan to send out my apps to AASDAS at the end of May as soon as I recieve my grade in the class and then just have the schools wait for my DAT score. What does everyone think?
I would personally try and take it by the end of August, or earlier. Keep in mind that some schools are already giving interviews in August, so you will miss out on the first round of interviews at some places. I'm saying the sooner you take it, the better. Of course that only applies if your ready for the test. I took mine in mid July and it worked out well.

yzf600 said:

thanks
What year is your bike?

AFVET said:
What year is your bike?
I saw this post and was wondering what the heck you were talking about. Then it hit me, I used to have an R6 myself.

Guys I took bio like 5 years ago and it wasnt even bio 1. It was general biology (Didnt know I wanted to go to D-School back then) Then the school let me take bio 2 without doing the actual bio 1. The intro to bio course I took was 4 credits with lab though. This will still count towards 3 semesters of bio right?

Also because of that I never really learned about the Krebs cycle at all so I will have to learn a crap -load of bio on my own through Kaplan. Do you think it will be feasible for me to take this exam at the end of august? Im getting scrared that I would have already missed out on first interviews.